Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I setup DefineIT 2006 for use with StarTeam?

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: Caliber DefineIT 2006
  • Product Version: 2006
  • Product Component: Configuration and Version Management
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows XP

At present only StarTeam 2005 R2 eclipse client is compatible with DefineIT 2006.

1. So you will first need to download it from here:

StarTeam 2005 R2 Eclipse Client Installer

2. During the installation it will ask you to: "Select the directory where Eclipse is installed".

At this stage point towards your DefineIT installation, default is: C:\Borland\CaliberDefineIT2006, as per the screenshot below:

STEC instal

3. Select defaults for the rest of the installation.

4. Once installation completes, open DefineIT.

5. Within DefineIT select WINDOW | OPEN PERSPECTIVE |OTHER

6. There should now be a StarTeam Perspective like shown in screenshot below:

STEC Perspective

Old KB# 15681

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:24
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.