Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I turn on client logging for CaliberRM 2006?

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: CalibeRM
  • Product Version: 2006
  • Product Component: Win32 Client
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows XP

In order to enable client logging you will need to add the following registry key to the CaliberRM client machine.

1. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\CaliberRM\event trace
  2. Create a new DWORD called Level
  3. Enter either 1 or 2 for the Value Data. 1 will create a log file and 2 will create a log file and a logging window will appear the next next you log into Caliber.

The client log files are stored at the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Borland\CaliberRM\log

Depending on your security settings, the Local Settings folder maybe hidden. To enable the folder within Windows Explorer check the following checkbox from any Windows dialog box:

Choose TOOLS | FOLDER OPTIONS | VIEW | SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDER

To change the location of where the logs are saved, please refer to the following article:

Can I change the location where the Client logs are saved to in CaliberRM 2006?

Please be aware that editing the registry can cause unrecoverable damage to your operating system and should therefore only be done with someone with experience of using the registry. We also advise backing up your registry before making any changes.

Old KB# 16329

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:32
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.