Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

I am getting a "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" error installing the CaliberRM SDK

I am getting a "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" error installing the CaliberRM SDK

Problem:

Resolution:

This error/message is likely caused by artifacts of a previous installation attempt being left in the Windows registry.
The CaliberRM 2008 Release Notes acknowledge this issue. This Solution provides you with detailed instructions to resolve this issue.
Please follow these steps to resolve the issue:
  1. Run C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe
  2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\15AE90BD6EBEFE146B5096C8E3CB7DFF
  3. Verify that the "Product Name" value is "Borland CaliberRM 2008 SDK".
  4. Export the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\15AE90BD6EBEFE146B5096C8E3CB7DFF registry folder to a file for backup purposes.
  5. Delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\15AE90BD6EBEFE146B5096C8E3CB7DFF folder.
  6. Retry your installation, your problem should be resolved.
If you continue to have issues, repeat the steps above with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\30CB00006002D1F4880685EAC4401026. This will remove the CaliberRM 2006 SDK.
Old KB# 29724

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 20:39
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.