Multiple FlexLM licenses on same server
Once two licenses have been installed on the same server it will no longer be possible to use the lmtools application.
This article provides information on changing the Windows registry. Please ensure that a backup of the registry is taken before making any changes.
In order to get two FlexLM license's to work on the same license server, follow these steps,
- Navigate to the following location in the registry:
32 bit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager
64 bit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node/FLEXlm License Manager
- Rename the string value BORLAND_LICENSE_FILE to LM_LICENSE_FILE
- Modify the License value and change the value to the paths of the license.dat files e.g.
- Save the registry
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the FlexLM directory
- Type the command to start the license server
lmgrd -z -l flex.log
Old KB# 34116