Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

VSTS: How can I get my VSTS tests to appear on the Traceability Modification window in CaliberRM so that I can create traces to them?

VSTS: How can I get my VSTS tests to appear on the Traceability Modification window in CaliberRM so that I can create traces to them?

Problem:

Resolution:

In order for you to see a list of your VSTS tests in the Traceability Modification window, you must add your lists to a test list in Visual Studio and check in the changes to the .vsmdi file into source control for the Team Project.

The following demonstrates an example walk-through.

In CaliberRM?s Framework Administrator

Note: This process is covered in detail in the documentation for the VSTS integration.

1. Enable the integration for your VSTS Tests in Framework Administrator. This is done by clicking on the External Traceability tab for the CaliberRM project in Framework Administrator and creating a New integration.

2. After you create the integration, you will need to Edit it. It is important to set the Library name to VSTSTests. This must be set exactly as presented, with no spaces or changes of any kind.

3. Note that you do not need to have the Traceability Vendor Add-ins installed on the machine that you are using with Framework Administrator to setup and enable the integration. However, you must have the Vendor Add-ins installed on any client machine that you intend to use to create a trace to a VSTS artifact, regardless of whether you use the CaliberRM client or Visual Studio.

In Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers or
Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite

1. Create a new Team Project. File > New > Team Project.

2. Create a new Test Project. File > New > Project > Visual C# > Test > Test Project.

3. Add all the files into source control. File > Source Control > Add Solution to Source Control. Select the TFS server and Team project you want to check the changes into.

4. Create a test. Test > New Test.

5. Open your Test Manager. Double click on the .vsmdi file in the Solution Explorer or go to Test > Windows > Test Manager.

6. Create a test list in Test Manager. Right Click on "List of Tests" > New Test List

7. Add your tests to the test list. Click on "Tests not in a list" > drag and drop your tests onto the list you created as it resides in the tree.

8. Check in our pending changes. Go to View > Other Windows > Pending Changes. Check in your changes to the .vsmdi file by making sure that it is checked and then click the Check in button.

Now go to a particular requirement of interest and click the Traceability tab > Modify > VSTS Tests tab and select the same TFS server and Team project that you checked in the changes to. You will now see the lists of tests for that Team Project.

Old KB# 15920

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:27
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.