Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

When I run the DocFactory wizard and it starts to generate the local database, why do I get the error ?class not registered??

When I run the DocFactory wizard and it starts to generate the local database, why do I get the error ?class not registered??

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: CaliberRM
  • Product Version: 2005 R2
  • Product Component: DocFactory
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

Answer:

This error usually indicates that DocFactory cannot create the local MS Access database on the machine and is likely a result of unregistered dll?s that Access needs. You should also experience similar errors when using Access to create sample databases, although the message will instead read "object library not registered". To resolve the error you need to register some Microsoft dll?s which DocFactory also uses when executing. To do this:

1. Open a command prompt
  2. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO
  3. Type RegSvr32.exe msado15.dll
  4. You should receive a dialog confirming the dll has been registered.
  5. Next browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO
  6. Type RegSvr32.exe dao360.dll
  7. You should receive a dialog confirming the dll has been registered.

Now try to run DocFactory again and if you still have problems contact Borland Technical Support.

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 15821

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:26
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.