Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

When running DocFactory why do I get the error "The procedure entry point ?GetVendorViewName?..? could not be located in the dynamic link library CaliberAddinBridgeU.dll"?

When running DocFactory why do I get the error "The procedure entry point ?GetVendorViewName?..? could not be located in the dynamic link library CaliberAddinBridgeU.dll"?

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: CaliberRM
  • Product Version: 2005 R2
  • Product Component: DocFactory
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows

Question:

When running DocFactory why do I get the error ?The procedure entry point ?GetVendorViewName?..? could not be located in the dynamic link library CaliberAddinBridgeU.dll??

Answer:

This indicates that the CaliberRM client installation has either not installed correctly or has become corrupt. To resolve the issue:

1. Uninstall CaliberRM client
  2. Delete the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\CaliberRM
  3. Delete the registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Borland\CaliberRM
  4. Install the CaliberRM client again.

Note that if the client is running on the same machine as the CaliberRM Server then you should not delete the registry entry without speaking with a Borland Support Engineer beforehand. Borland recommends backing up the registry before making changes and that an administrator with experience of making registry changes performs the changes mentioned above.

Author: Martin Donnelly

Old KB# 15823

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:26
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.