Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why can other users not see the image(s) I have uploaded?

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: CaliberRM
  • Product Version: N/A
  • Product Component: Caliber Server
  • Platform/OS Version: All

Description:

I have uploaded images to the requirement description. Why can other users not see the image(s)?

Answer/Solution:

Even though a CaliberRM requirement description contains an image, no other Windows user (or other CaliberRM client machine) can view this image. All they see when they access the requirement description is the following symbol:

In order for other Windows users (or other CaliberRM Client machines) to be able to view images that you have uploaded, the following option needs to be checked on each Caliber Client machine (Tools/Options).

Once this option is checked, the Caliber server will automatically download all requirement description images to the user profile of the user currently logged onto the client machine. The image will be placed in an "ImageCache" folder in the user profile.

For example if the Windows user "sthompso" was logged onto the Caliber client machine, images would be downloaded to here:

C:\Documents and Settings\sthompso\Local Settings\Application Data\Borland\CaliberRM\ImageCache

An image will be downloaded to this location once a user tries to view the image by clicking on the requirement in the requirement tree. If you want to verify the exact location of the image, highlight the requirement description and press . You will then be able to see the source of the image file including the path to where it is saved.

Author: Sarah Thompson

Old KB# 15909

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:27
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.