Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do I get a prompt asking to login to "XDB" when trying to connect to the Borland Search admin console?

Why do I get a prompt asking to login to "XDB" when trying to connect to the Borland Search admin console?

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: CaliberRM
  • Product Version: 2006
  • Product Component: Borland Search
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows XP, Windows 2000/2003 Server

By default an Oracle 10g installation runs an XDB server on port 8080. The problem is that port 8080 is also used by Tomcat for serving JSPs/Servlets (e.g. Borland Search). The prompt to login to "XDB" is actually being thrown by this Oracle Instance.

The solution is to either:

• Stop the Oracle instance via Computer Management | Services
  • Change the port Tomcat is running on
  • Change the port Oracle is running the XDB server on

Old KB# 16273

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:31
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.