Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do I receive the error "Object reservered" when trying to modify a UDA?

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product name: CaliberRM
  • Product version: 2006
  • Producy Component: Caliber Server
  • Platform/OS Version: Windows XP

One reason that you are receiving this message, is that there is not enough free space within your database and this is preventing the server from starting properly. To confirm that this is happening,

1. Open Task Manager
  2. Select the Processes Tab

taskmanager

3. Look for the caliber_srv.exe
  4. If caliber_srv.exe keeps appearing and disappearing from the list then your Caliber server is stopping and starting
  5. Open a command prompt and enter "dbmgr -free"

dbmgr -free

If you have less than 10% free, then add a new volume.

6. To add a new volume enter "dbmgr -addvol" at the command prompt.
  7. Check that a new volume has been added by entering "dbmgr -free". Your database should now have around 50% free space.

To prevent the database from running out of free space again without warning, refer to Is it possible to automatically add a new volume to the Versant database?

Is it possible to automatically add a new volume to the Versant database?

Old KB# 16290

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:32
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.