Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do i receive the message "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" when running an application written using the CaliberRM SDK?

Why do i receive the message "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" when running an application written using the CaliberRM SDK?

Problem:

Resolution:

Problem Description:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when using the CaliberRM SDK. This may also occur even if you are developing an VB, .NET, or C# application using the CaliberRM SDK.

Resolution:

VM options can be set via "options" variable in CaliberRMSDKXX.ini file.

For example, the following excerpt sets the starting memory for the VM to 32 MB and the maximum memory of the VM to 128 MB:

# Default Java VM settings for SDK COM applications
# A given COM application can override the default settings
# by providing a StarteamApp.ini in the application install folder. [Java VM]
# The name of the Java VM to be used. # Must be the name of a "certified" Java VM (listed in Java.ini). Name=Sun1.4.1_02
# Classpath=
# Librarypath=
Options= -Xms32M -Xmx128M

More VM options can be found in the java Tools documentation.

Old KB# 16170

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:30
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.