Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why is the message "Internal Error 2343" displayed when I upgrade from a CaliberRM 5.1 Client to a CaliberRM6.0 Client?

Why is the message "Internal Error 2343" displayed when I upgrade from a CaliberRM 5.1 Client to a CaliberRM6.0 Client?

Problem:

Resolution:

Problem Description:

Products: CaliberRM 5.1 -> 6.0 Client Upgrade OS - XP Professional 2002 v 5.1.2600 SP1 Browser - IE v 6.0.2800 MS Office 10 Problem description: Error message "Internal error 2343" is displayed during installation of CaliberRM 6.0 on a system that had an existing CaliberRM 5.1 installation.

Resolution:

This issue is in fact an issue to do with the MS Office installation on the system, a document published by Microsoft describes the fault (although in this instance it applies to Lotus Notes). The probable reason for this problem is that CaliberRM uses the same installation components as MS Office.

Microsoft supplies a fix for this issue here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000/utility/2000/win98/EN-US/Err2343.exe

Download and run the file. If the problem still persists, try installing CaliberRM without its SDK or try installing CaliberRM to a location different than the default.

An alternative solution is described in KB Article 16721.

Old KB# 16172

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:30
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.