Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why would I receive an LDAP ?filter error? in my log file when I try to login to CaliberRM with LDAP integration enabled?

Why would I receive an LDAP ?filter error? in my log file when I try to login to CaliberRM with LDAP integration enabled?

Problem:

Resolution:

• Product Name: CaliberRM
  • Product Version: N/A
  • Product Component: LDAP integration
  • Platform/OS Version: All

Description:

20 16:55:54.967 2764 9 Search Failed - LDAP Error code = 87. at (ldap.cpp,219)

20 16:55:54.967 2764 9 LDAP Error Description "Filter Error" at (ldap.cpp,223)

Answer/Solution:

You will receive this error in your log file if you have entered an invalid filter string in the directory services tab on the Caliber server settings (control panel).

Make sure that you have included the string parameter ?%s? in the filter field and that you have assigned this parameter equal to a valid attribute on your LDAP server (default attribute is sAMAccountName). This string parameter will be replaced with the userid that you enter into the login screen when logging into CaliberRM, so it is essential that the LDAP attribute you assign this string parameter equal to (default - sAMAccountName) is equal to the userid that you have created in Framework administrator.

For example, if you have set up a userid ?sthompson? in Framework administrator, and you have the following in your filter string ?(sAMAccountName=%s)?, the attribute ?sAMAccountName? on your LDAP server for that user must be equal to ?sthompson?.

You will also need to check that the other default attributes included in the filter string (objectCategory, objectClass) are valid for your LDAP server. Please check with your LDAP administrator.

Author: Sarah Thompson

Old KB# 15889

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 18:27
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.