Highlighted
edgar_melo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could I access CaliberRM 10.1 server with Caliber Author (Caliber 11)?

Jump to solution

Exists any incompatibility between CaliberRM 10.1 and Caliber Author 11 in the sensis to use this to access that?

In my case, the server is CaliberRM 10.1 and the client is Caliber Author 11. I just opened the server with Caliber Author, but I don't know if the use of this client with that server is secure on sense of data integrity.

Tks, Edgar Melo

----------

StarTeam Server 13.0.1.14 (64 bit), SDK 13.0.1.19 and CPC 13.0.1-21 (32 bit).

Caliber 11.2, File Version 11.2.0.42 and Client 11.2.0.42.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobinM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Could I access CaliberRM 10.1 server with Caliber Author (Caliber 11)?

Jump to solution

Hi Edgar,

A Caliber 11 client can connect to a Caliber 10.1 server. However, new features available in Caliber 11 won't be compatible with the Caliber 10.1 server.

Also, we would recommend upgrading the Caliber 10.1 server as soon as possible. Providing backward compatibility via the client is to help with the upgrade process, it is not designed as a permanent solution.

Kind regards,

Robin

0 Likes
2 Replies
RobinM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Edgar,

A Caliber 11 client can connect to a Caliber 10.1 server. However, new features available in Caliber 11 won't be compatible with the Caliber 10.1 server.

Also, we would recommend upgrading the Caliber 10.1 server as soon as possible. Providing backward compatibility via the client is to help with the upgrade process, it is not designed as a permanent solution.

Kind regards,

Robin

0 Likes
edgar_melo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Tks so much, Robin. Unfortunately we can't upgrade to Caliber 11 until upgrade StarTeam, actually in 2008R2 version.

----------

StarTeam Server 13.0.1.14 (64 bit), SDK 13.0.1.19 and CPC 13.0.1-21 (32 bit).

Caliber 11.2, File Version 11.2.0.42 and Client 11.2.0.42.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.