Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Phil Arnold Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does Caliber 11 allow for filtering of traces using the DocFactory Syntax?

Jump to solution

When I produce a DocFactory export into a pre-defined Microsoft Word template, I can only filter my traces based on whether they are of type "TRACE_FROM", "TRACE_TO". This is useless to me. I would like to be able to filter the traces so that I can place them into logical groups within the template, i.e. One section for traces that correspond to a particular set of functional requirements of which there may be many groups (data maintenance, data entry, data retrieval), one section that corresponds to a set of non-functionals (usability, performance, security etc).. I am currently running Caliber 10.0.345.232 and have tried to achieve this but to no avail.

Has the trace functionality been improved in Caliber 11 at all?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
WarrenB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Does Caliber 11 allow for filtering of traces using the DocFactory Syntax?

Jump to solution

Hi Phil,

The KB article below may also return the information you are looking:

213.83.72.241/article.aspx

If you have any questions on this KB or how to set it up, please raise a new support incident and we will assist.

Kind Regards,

Warren

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Warren

0 Likes
5 Replies
RobinM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Currently a trace can only be of type from, to or suspect. This hasn't changed in Caliber 11.

What I would suggest doing is build a requirement grid filter that filters on the requirement type you want and the type of trace you require. Using DocFactory2 you can then reference the filter in the desired section of your template.

If you need assistance creating these filters and using them within DocFactory please log a support incident and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Robin

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Robin, I'll give it a go.

Cheers

Phil

0 Likes
WarrenB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Phil,

The KB article below may also return the information you are looking:

213.83.72.241/article.aspx

If you have any questions on this KB or how to set it up, please raise a new support incident and we will assist.

Kind Regards,

Warren

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Warren

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hey Warren,

I have just run the datamart extract and am now able to filter the traces as I like. Brilliant! Thanks for suggesting this!

Cheers

Phil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.