Highlighted
emendez1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export/Import

Hi,

I am trying to merge to projects in one. My plan is to export the first project and then import that into a new project; then, export the second project and import it into the newly created project.

Both of my projects are very large (over 8,000 requirements); also, both projects have different requirement types - my hope of export/import these two projects into one is to have them keep their internal project traces.

If I run a test with a small project; I am able to export and then import into a new project without a problem.

If I export the first of my large projects, it takes around two hours to complete; then, I try to do the import into a new project and it never ends... it does not aborts or fails, it simply keeps running for days and does not complete. What am I missing? Could I be running out of memory or disk space (I have enough that should not be a problem) and the import utility just fails to send an error message?

I really need to merge these two projects in one and keep the traces. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ernesto

0 Likes
1 Reply
miroslav_borsky Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Export/Import

Hi Ernesto,

can not help with the utility, just like to point out that you can achieve this functionality with Caliber API. You can use Java to copy the requirements. It is more time-consuming, but if the utility will not work, this is the way.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.