Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Kenneth Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to recover caliber from server crash?

I have Calibre2008 installed in a windows server 2003. But yesterday, the server crashed for hard disk failure. Fortunately, partition for Caliber server is still OK. I tried to simply copy it to another server but it reports unauthorized access. I can not find any backup of the database.

Is there any guide to recover it?  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
LiamC Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: How to recover caliber from server crash?

Hi
As the DB was in use when the server error happened there are transaction waiting to be applied to the database. If the DB can be started then the DB should recover to the last check point.

Could you please confirm that the user on the new server is the same as the old server?

Could you also confirm if you can log a case?

Thanks

David
0 Likes
Kenneth Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: How to recover caliber from server crash?

Hi David,

I copy the DB to a new machine and run "dbmgr -upgrade", now I can see all users in the new server. But when I try to logon, it reports "no available license". I think it become a license problem. Unfortunately, I can't find its serial number. We try to find some help from Microfocus.
However thank you very much.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.