Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
BrianC1
New Member.

Tags for requirement types

I was under the impression that the tags associated with requirement types had to be unique, but some of my users have created a couple of requirement types that have the same tag.  The majority of our tags are unique.  Do most people use the same tags for requirement types or are they mostly unique?  And can anyone think of any issues that might come up when multiple requirement types use the same tag?  Thanks...

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
MrHappy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Tags for requirement types

Hi Brian,

As you have found your assumption is incorrect. Requirement Type Tags are just a way of easily identifying the category (Type) of requirement. The Requirement ID is however unique for the server. Most users would typically use unique tags, having duplicate tags has no impact on Caliber but could be confusing for your users. Having said that, I have used a "USER" for the following requirement types , Use Cases, User Stories and User Requirements on the same installation. I must state that these types where never used together on the same project !!!!

As long as everyone understand what is meant by a particular Tag then no problem.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

MrH

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.