Highlighted
oaimac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

requirement subcategory

Jump to solution

Hello,

Inside Caliber, is it possible to have subcategories of requirement ?

For exemple: 

- Functional requirement (type of requirement)

--- Suitabilty (subcategory of requirement)

------ requirement1

------ requirement2

--- Security (subcategory of requirement)

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Conor Cassidy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: requirement subcategory

Jump to solution

Apologies as I misunderstood your question.

It is not possible to have nested requirement types within other requirement types.

This is as designed and only a requirement may be created within a requirement type.

Regards,

Conor

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes this would be possible. The easiest way would be as follows.

Functional Requirement  -

right click and create child to create "Suitability "

Right click once more on "Functional Requirement" and create child. This will create Security.

Suitability --->

right click "Suitability " and create child requirement to create requirement 1 and 2.

They should be lined out correctly and in the correct order. They can be clicked and dragged and moved position within the requirements tree also if needed.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards

Conor

0 Likes
oaimac Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

This solution means that a subcategory is managed as a requirement, which is not what I need.

A subcategory should be managed as a category (requirement type), with its properties, tabs, ...

The properties of a requirement cannot fit with the properties of a subcategory.

Regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Apologies as I misunderstood your question.

It is not possible to have nested requirement types within other requirement types.

This is as designed and only a requirement may be created within a requirement type.

Regards,

Conor

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.