Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Acrobat Reader 9 uninstallation using command

Jump to solution

A little confused where you say "we tried using BDELETE in command line"...

I wasn't intending this to be used in the command line, I was suggesting that the uninstall command you are running (MsiExec.exe /x {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A94000000001} /qn) should be the BDELETE method for your package.

How do you run that uninstall command - from the ZDELETE method? If so, then move the command to the BDELETE method.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Colin,

We are tried:-

1st we have added the command in ZDELETE which didn't work.

2nd we have removed from ZDELETE and added in BDELETE but it runs till MSIEXEC it wont pickup further command

please suggest

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

OK, let's get the picture from the beginning:

• In the ZSERVICE for Adobe reader, your ZCREATE is:
    c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /C C:\"Adobe\adrder10.exe"/sALL /rs
    and your BDELETE is:
    MsiExec.exe /x {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A94000000001} /qn
    You shouldn't have any commands in ZDELETE (maybe _NONE_)
  • Assign ZSERVICE to client. Run a connect. Adobe reader setup file is deployed to C:\Adobe & install successful via command in ZCREATE?
  • You haven't said which OS you're using on the client - I've got XP here, so that's what I'll work with. Run Regedit and navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnInstall\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A94000000001}
  • Look at the InstallSource variable - you should see the location to which the adrder10.exe extracted it's files (in my case C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A94000000001}\. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to that location. You should see the EXE, MSI, CAB files, etc?
  • Assuming we're good up to now, unassign the ZSERVICE from the client and run a connect.
  • What happens?
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

HI Chetan,

Instead of using BDELETE method try this.

Create a batch file with first uninstall old setup and second install new Adobe reader and then assign the batch in the zcreate method.

Example

Create a batch file and name it Adobe_Reader.bat in the same folder

Put the below commands in the batch file

MsiExec.exe /x {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A94000000001} /qn

"C:\Adobe\adrder10.exe"/sALL /rs

In Zcreate Method put 

NATIVE hide.exe cmd.exe /C C:\Adobe\Adobe_Reader.bat

Try it out and see if it works.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Colin / Vinay,

Thanks for your reply and valuable information.

I will check and update on this.

Regards,

Chetan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

That's really, really messy!! You've now got two seperate services, the second of which will be responsible for uninstalling the first.

At the very least, each service should be capable of performing its own install and uninstall.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.