Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Admin account logs in but then says insufficient rights

Hi All

I am logging in to the HP CAE 7.9 portal with my Admin account and it says "Logon Succesful" but then before anything else shows up and error message comes up"

Error msg

"You currently have insufficient permissions available to use this console, please contact your system administrator."

I don't know what caused this as I am the Admininstrator

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Solved: When I start the browser in Run as Administrator mode the problem disappears
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Okay seems resolved this prematurely the problem persists. Anyone know why it occcurs even though I am using the Admin account

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The HPCA Core manages user credentials (i.e. username/password) and user roles/permission at different places.

The username/password combination is stored in the OpenLDAP directory, while the roles/permissions for a given user are stores in the MySQL database.

I assume that these two items went out of sync.

You now need to logon to the HPCA Core with a administrator account which is still valid (e.g. "admin").

Then you may reassign the roles to your own account via the Configuration tab.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Rodion

It is my "Admin" account that is not able to log in.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.