Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Need to change CAE Architecture

Jump to solution
Hi Experts,

I am using below CAE architecture but getting issues like low patch compliance(10%), CSDB editors freezing, application slowness etc. So let me know if need to change current architecture.
Below is the architecture configured for CAE 7.5-
1) Two core server and 14 setellite server

2) Patch , Audit & Software timers are defined in CSDB editore on core servers.These timers are scheduled in alernate days for 2 hours interval.
Software Timer---- Weekday {Tuesday, 10:00:00 } Thursday Saturday
Patch Timer----- Weekday {Monday, 10:00:00}, Wednesday Friday
Audit Timer------- Weekday {Monday, 13:00:00}, Wednesday, Friday

3) SAP are defined on CSDB editors on core servers. Periorites are defined like below-
SAP priority 10
Connect to Satellite_RPS
SAP priority 20
Connect to Primary_RCS
SAP priority 30
Connect to Secondary_RCS

Thanks
Jitendra
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
I assume the Core which you want to connect to via CSDB Editor is just overloaded, i.e. is running at its configured TASKLIM (see EDMPROF.DAT).

That means you have basically run into a performance bottleneck.

Check the Core's Configuration Server log (nvdmr100.log), and if you find a lot of messages saying "Task Limit exceeded", that's the reason.

At that point in time, the Configuration Server no longer accepts new sessions.

"Task limit exceeded" is not an error: it means: "I am working at the limit, and can't take more".

While you could easily increase TASKLIM in the EDMPROF.DAT, you should think twice before doing so: you might overload the system. Even the most performant hardware platforms with the best tuning configuration cannot take more than about TASKLIM=120.

A better way would be to improve the connect strategy and make sure that the clients have a larger and better spread time window for connects.

However, it's difficult to find and correctly address a performance issue via mail only. It could have a number of reasons, and it could be address by various measures. I suggest contacting HP Software Support or HP Software Professional Services for guidance in this situation.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello,
For a start, multiple cores are not supported. One core can server 14 satellites just fine.
Thanks and Regards,
Shanti
0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore
Hi,

Please read above SAP architecture , is that reason for low patch compliance and CSDB editor freezing.

My Requirement= all the clients should connect to relevent Satellite for patch and data.

So please let me know required step need to be done.
If i will give only Satellite in SAP periorites and remove Core RCS , is it will be sufficient ?

Thanks
Jitendra
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello,
As mentioned have just one core. You can configure the SAP to talk to just the satellite that is ok.
Thanks and Regards,
Shanti
0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore
Hi Santi,

Keeping same architecture( 2 core , 14 Satellite) , i want to change only SAP priorities.

I am facing CSDB editor freezing issue. when patch schedules runs , CSDB editor is taking 12 -20 minutes to open.
Also, is that SAP priorities is responsible for low compliance ?

Thanks
Jitendra

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello,
To be exact more than one core is not supported so you will HAVE to use just one core.
Thanks and Regards,
Shanti
0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore
Hi Shanti,

We have setup 2 core server architecture for High level design. In case of primary core server fail , secondary will work.

Thanks
Jitendra

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Singh,

What is the total number of clients? When you say CSDB freezing - can you send the logs?

Regards
Vinod

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
I assume the Core which you want to connect to via CSDB Editor is just overloaded, i.e. is running at its configured TASKLIM (see EDMPROF.DAT).

That means you have basically run into a performance bottleneck.

Check the Core's Configuration Server log (nvdmr100.log), and if you find a lot of messages saying "Task Limit exceeded", that's the reason.

At that point in time, the Configuration Server no longer accepts new sessions.

"Task limit exceeded" is not an error: it means: "I am working at the limit, and can't take more".

While you could easily increase TASKLIM in the EDMPROF.DAT, you should think twice before doing so: you might overload the system. Even the most performant hardware platforms with the best tuning configuration cannot take more than about TASKLIM=120.

A better way would be to improve the connect strategy and make sure that the clients have a larger and better spread time window for connects.

However, it's difficult to find and correctly address a performance issue via mail only. It could have a number of reasons, and it could be address by various measures. I suggest contacting HP Software Support or HP Software Professional Services for guidance in this situation.

View solution in original post

Commodore Commodore
Commodore
Hi Vinod,

I am using only 4500 clients only.

Thanks
Jitendra
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.