UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Unable to get usage report of software usage

Hi everyone

I am using HPCAE 7.9. I have installed core server and added device in HPCAE portal.I am using external policy. I have tested device for patch, inventory and usage every thing is working fine. but i am not able to get the usage report of software usage.when i click on "view software usage" it is showing "No record found for search criteria" i am not able to get any kind of report from usage manager. i deployed usage job on 20 device. job deployed on 20 device successfully but in usage reporting section  device name it is showing value like  "[02CAA06B84DC57E1]" kind of garbage value and in place of donain name it is showing value like"8B508D8B5F09A922"  kind of garbage value.so i am not able to know that on which device usage job is created. i gone through the usage DOC but i am not able to obtain usage report of  software , unstalled product, device name and domain value.so can any one tell me that how can i obtain report from usage and configuration/change  is needed for it.

Thanks & Regards

KumarS

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HI

Can you check tis for one machine which gives garbage value as computer name :

-          Can you delete the History.USDBase and Monitor.USDBase files from one such client machine that is giving the garbage value .

Also, backup and delete the complete <InstallDir>\HPCA\Data\usage\incoming\archive

please inform

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi,

Have you deployed software audit services to devices/users?

Regards,
Sridhara.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Kumar,

Not sure if you are still having this issue, but have you checked to see that your Usage information is getting populated in the usage database? During your core setup, you should have had to create at least 3 databases on your database server (Microsoft SQL or Oracle). One of those databases should have been for usage. Have your database administrator check and see if the usage database has any data. If not, you might want to review your usage manager setup on the core server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.