Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Unable to install HPCA agent in Window 7 Client

Hi All

I'm using CA version 8.1. I can see the CA 8.1 support client that running window 7.

But I tried deploying the agent, but it stated that the //<hostname of the client/ipc$ unable to access.

May I know what I need to set in the client?

Thanks

Jun Hao

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to install HPCA agent in Window 7 Client

Can you provide the complete error message that you observed, you'll find more details in Management Portal log?

Is Windows firewall enabled on the machine?

Can you ping the Target machine from the machine running 8.1 Core?

In case you have Active Directory integrated with 8.1 Core and you're deploying Agent on the Computer node in the Active Directory tree, see if you can ping the full qualified DNS hostname of the target machine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

you may take a look at this document:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1036967

There are many reasons why the ipc share can not be accessed, it would be good to see the exact error message.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Your firewall could be blocking the call on the client side.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.