UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

batch file give error after install

i have create batch file to run exe file to all user  and its working ok but while install the file to the user  give error screen attached say ( the computer might need information from you or your permission to complete the task ) and the installation will continue  after that the error screen will disappear  .

I don’t  want the error screen to appear to the user

please any one can help

0 Likes
9 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is not an error but a information that there is a message dialogue from installer.

Is there any confirmation required from user, if you click "show me the message"?

If not, everything is ok.

Actually the message should answer your question already. It results from "Interactive Services Detection" service.

You should probably disable this (windows) service on a managed PC.

Absent Member..

Hi,

How this batch file is being executed ? If this is a part of your ZCREATE command you can try using "runasuser" in the same command. RUNASUSER is a utility that is shipped with the HPCA agent.

A sample example is " runasuser sample.bat " in ZCREATE.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Pravs

thanks for replay i have attached the batch file please give me you commant

and what is the command  runasuser , is it  runasuser .exe or what ?

for my file Zcreate is NATIVE "C:\SETUP1.BAT" and its working ok obly the screen comes

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

"Runasuser " in itself is a command used to launch the shipped in utility so that any message appears in the logged on user context . So you can just use that while writing the ZCREATE. 

HAve you tried putting " hide cmd /c " while launching this batch file. ? For ex " hide cmd / c C:\sample.bat" 

Thanks,

Praveen

Absent Member..

the command hide cmd / c C:\sample.bat did not work still the screen comes

any other solution from any one

or as  said its ok  the screen should comes

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

Did you see what exactly is the message for which you are getting the WIndows prompt?

Also, you can try starting " Interactive services detection" service . This is one of the Windows services.  This will ensure that if there any messages that are supposed to be dispplayed to the logged on user appear on the front ( desktop).

Thanks,
praveen

0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hi all,

As mentioned before, this is not an error, is a Windows feature introduced back in Windows Vista - Interactive Service Detection.

As a workaround, you can launch the vb script using "runasuser.exe" provided with HPCA Agent install.
For example "runasuser.exe abc.vbs". This will ensure that user sees the message directly without seeing ISD.

There is more information on that in the following Technical Article:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1163100

You can try to add IND=Y to your connect string too. Also, if you open a case with HP Support, you can ask for fix WINA790216 (or wait for the next 7.9 Agent Patch). This fix could help to show the message in the user session (not session 0).

I hope this helps!
Maria

Absent Member..

Hi Praveen

The solution which you provided here, Will work for Windows`XP O/S environment?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.