Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

integrate cae with active directories

im still new in cae. I have a question to ask the expert out there.
I have configured my customer active directories in the cae 8.1. I can browse the properties in it.
But what is the use of integrating the cae with active directories whereby i still need import my devices into the csdb hp zone.
Do i need to import all of them? Pls advise
Urgent
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: integrate cae with active directories

There is no need to import any of the devices that you have in Active Directory into ZoneHP. You may directly use the Active Directory tree in the HPCA console to perform management opertaions, for example, If you wish to assign some software applications to a computer you may simply open the Active Directory node, browse to Computers, select the computer and assign software using the Policy Management wizard.

Assumption is:

You have imported the HPCA schema into your Active Directory

You have selected the option "Use for Policy" when you created the Directory Service for Active Directory

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Duplicating your users in CSDB editor is not necessary.

Please use the users directly from Active Directory. In that way you may focus on CAE deployments, and you avoid user maintenance.

If you copy users into CSDB editor, you will need to add new users... delete old ones... If you use directly users from AD you will avoid that.

If in your case CAE only works with users in CSDB editor: then you have a problem with Active Directory integration, please open a ticket then.

HP Software
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

The use of the internal LDAP or the hp zone is needed really only for the OS Management feature.

Best Regards,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

A a newbie to CAE. How to import AD data into CAE? Can anyone refer a step by step document?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What CAE capabilities do you intend to implement/use - software distribution, patch management and such?

As mentioned in this conversation earlier, when you integrate Active Directory in CAE you can assign policy directly to the Active Directory computers, OUs, groups in CAE console. It is not a requirement to add devices into Zone HP when you have integrated Active Directory.

Have you registered in the new Radia portal:

https://support.accelerite.com/hc/en-us/sections/200504340-Video-Tutorials

I recommend you do and go through some of the videos there, you may find these helpful.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.