Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Copy Instance with in the same Domain\class

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to copy instance in the USER class with the ZEDMAMS, but seems like i am missing something.

i tried with the below command.

zedmams verb=COPY_INSTANCE,FILE=PRIMARY,FROMDOMA=POLICY,FROMCLAS=USER,TODOMA

IN=POLICY,FROMINST=VA00005,NEWINST=VA00009,preview=yes,REPLACE=YES

Any suggestions would be approciated.

Thanks..

Sandeep

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Copy Instance with in the same Domain\class

Jump to solution

Configuration Server manual says COPY_INSTANCE should be used to copy a range of specified instances and resource data from one domain-class pair to another. Within the same domain/class I tried the following, you may find these useful:

ZEDMAMS VERB=CLONE_INSTANCE,DOMAIN=POLICY,CLASS=USER,INSTANCE=INSTX,COUNT=1

ZEDMAMS VERB=RENAME_INSTANCE,DOMAIN=POLICY,CLASS=USER,OLDPREFIX=INSTX,NEWPREFIX=INSTX_COPY,PREVIEW=NO,KEEP=YES

Be careful with this one if the instance you want to copy has resources associated with it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Configuration Server manual says COPY_INSTANCE should be used to copy a range of specified instances and resource data from one domain-class pair to another. Within the same domain/class I tried the following, you may find these useful:

ZEDMAMS VERB=CLONE_INSTANCE,DOMAIN=POLICY,CLASS=USER,INSTANCE=INSTX,COUNT=1

ZEDMAMS VERB=RENAME_INSTANCE,DOMAIN=POLICY,CLASS=USER,OLDPREFIX=INSTX,NEWPREFIX=INSTX_COPY,PREVIEW=NO,KEEP=YES

Be careful with this one if the instance you want to copy has resources associated with it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks so much Gowhar!!

This would definitely help me...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.