Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error in Client Connect

Hi All,

I am facing error in deploying bulletins released by Microsoft in Dec12.

The connect.log is showing error -

NVD000000I [store_identific] 17:38:15 [RADPINIT / 000017dc] SYSTEM ---  Collecting AD information.
NVD000110W [getComputerInfo] 17:38:15 [RADPINIT / 000017dc] SYSTEM --?  Warning in GetComputerName:FullyQualifiedDN error [1351] - [Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied.]

Please help.

Rgds

Manuj

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error in Client Connect

This looks a policy resolution related error. Is this problem occuring on multiple machines? Here is the actual problem: NVD000002E [receive_object ] 17:38:35 [RADCONCT / 00001884] 80000851 --! [ZTEMPOBJ] not recd. from server The client machine did not receive patch catalog/entitlements from Configuration Server. How is policy assigned to client machines, Active Directory?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
There is no AD in our environment and I was notifying one m/c at a time an dthe error occured in

6 M/Cs out of 8.

Rgds

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using CSDB Editor, Can you check the method connection in policy.user._null_instance_? If you have assigned policy directly in policy.user class(internal CSDB based policy), then you should remove the method connection.

If you are assigning policy in Zone:HP then you'll have to use a method that retrieves policy from Management Portal or RMP.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I assigned policy directly in policy.user class but I cant find the method connection you are talking about. Could you plz let me know where to find it and how to remove it.

Rgds

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Since you are using internal CSDB based policy you may have already created instances for client machines. The log you attached indicates that client machine connected with UID=DBKPMG04, do you have an instance by this name in POLICY.USER class. If yes, can you open POLICY.USER.DBKPMG04 in CSDB editor and send us a screenshot?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

From this error

"-  RADPINIT pinit_rc:[109] - [No services available, empty catalog]"

I would say that you are not assigning software or patches correctly

Which is the process you are following to assign the software?

Are you using the core console?

Try to create the user directly in the CSDB editor , and then assign the software to it under

PRIMARY-->POLICY-->USERS--> CREATE the user and assign the software there

Notify then the user again to see if the error is gone

Thanks

HP Software
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

PFA the screenshot.

Rgds

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

From your screenshot we cannot say 100% that you have created a POLICY.USER.DBKPMG04 user

Please review it

HP Software
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The screenshot is OK, take a look at the "Rename Instance" dialog box, the instance name is DBKPMG04.

There seems to be some problem with the PATCHMGR.ZSERVICE.MS08-067 connection, maybe MS08-067 instance doesn't exist in PATCHMGR.ZSERVICE class. This needs to be verified.

What ZSERVICEs are connected to POLICY.WORKGRP.DEFAULT?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.