UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Office 2007 installation Office Configuration Tool OCT unable to uninsatll without error "corrupt"

I would like to deploy office 2007 using the OCT tool as the links in a previous forum thread no longer are valid. (see below), also my packager grays out "Component Selection Mode"

I figured the using the MS OCT would be easier however when I try try uninstall I get error about a corrupt installation.

I tried using UNC paths to install and uninstall as well as packaging up the Office2007 media and placing locally on C:\temp
Office2007

The commands I tried are variance of :

zcreate (seems to work fine)
\\caserver\INS\Office2007\setup.exe /admin file

for delete cmd use (when I get error about it being a corrupt install)
\\caserver\INS\ Office2007\setup.exe /uninstall {20140000-001A-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}

Can someone give advice or resupply detailed instruction for deploying Office 2007?

Thanks
Tom

Answer in this previous link no longer seems valid:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document
/KM112679?searchIdentifier=4820f007%3a116a994993f%3a-6c89&resultType=document&documentURL=KM11
2679&resultsURL=%2fselfsolve%2fsearch&
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What version of HPCA do you have?. I would suggest using AMPS for installation of office 2007 or using the component method of installation (i.e. Drop and run).

in order to use the Component Select mode add the following attribute to the ZMASTER.EDM file (in IDMROOT)
Name: PKGCOMP
value: Y
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello thanks,
I am using CAE 7.8
Sorry but do not have much success with Office AMPs. The manual not very comprehensive , too many errors along the way unless you have alternate instructions than manaul than that is ok . I will try
Office Config Tool seems much easier.
I think I just need to enable LIS cache then run command locally from MSOCACHE dir to fix my problem.
0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Hi,

As the previous post said, I would suggest to use AMPs because it is the easy method (together with drag&drop). Take a look at this post, it was really useful for me:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1389025

Regards
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

What xml file is to be used? I always encounter file parsing error whenever i try to open an xml file. would you know what's causing the problem? thanks in advance.

fred
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.