Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Preload Proxy from external source

Jump to solution
Hello,

Is it possible to do the first syncronization of a Proxy from an external source?

I need to install a Proxy and sync it with 4Gb data, but the network link is very bad.

Can I install the proxy and syncronize it from a DVD instead from network? Is this process documented somewhere?

Thank you
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
For this to work in 7.8 apache you need to have the following fix applied - W32SATPROXY780010. Open a ticket with HP support to get this.
Once the fix is applied the host info is not stored in the resource header file so this CAN then be ported to other proxy servers.

HTH.

Karl.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
this is possible. All you need are the contents to the "Data" folder of the RPS and you can use the same folder for other RPS's (considering that you have the same policy assigned though)

We currently do this without any issues.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
just to add the following process we do:

- Assign same policy as what the RPS has out where the slow link is.
- run a sync locally first (so it downloads all the required data to the "data" folder)
- copy this "data" (either burn to DVD or USB etc.)
- send it to site and then copy the "data" folder (from the DVD) to the "data" folder onsite
- initiate a RPS sync on-site. When it sync's it will recognize it has all the data there and will only download the service information which is a LOT quicker then having to initiate a sync without any data,

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Not that this process currently only works for the RIS based proxy server and not the Apache based proxy server as the resource files in the apache proxy contain info in the header file that is specific to the server the proxy is sitting in. There is a fix for this and it "should" be included in the 7.9 release I believe.

HTH.

Karl.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
So, with a CAE 7.8 Core/Sat model there's no way to do this?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
For this to work in 7.8 apache you need to have the following fix applied - W32SATPROXY780010. Open a ticket with HP support to get this.
Once the fix is applied the host info is not stored in the resource header file so this CAN then be ported to other proxy servers.

HTH.

Karl.

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You can attach a (CDROM)Stager instance to the RPS's policy instance. (see POLICY domain)

In the stager instance you can provide the alternative drive and path (can be a dvd/cdrom, local/network path or URL)

You should be able to find more detail on this in the Proxy Server documentation.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Karl,

Is the script ready for converting the RIS based Proxy Server data's to Apache based?

Regards
Vinod
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Vinod,

Last I heard was that the conversion script is available internally at HP for testing prior to being released by the QA team. If you have an urgent requirement for this i'd suggest contacting HP Support to get the script.
It has been confirmed though that the 7.9 release of apache proxy does not have the issue where the resource header file includes the hostname\ip of the actual proxy server!

HTH.

Karl.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Karl,

Thanks for the information. I will contact HP Support.

Regards
Vinod
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.