Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

STARTU MODE PROBLEM

Hello everyone, I have a problem I can not solve. I run a job in startup mode, but when you restart the client, the agent is idle and does not do anything. What can I do to start a service on the client as soon as it is switched on? Can you help me? thank you very much.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: STARTU MODE PROBLEM

"What can I do to start a service on the client as soon as it is switched on?"

Have you try launching the service using a Windows logon script?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, I have not tried. I thought I could start the job using the startup mode in the schedule. How do you recommend I do?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

By Job if you mean an Agent connect (radskman ip=......) then yes, you can launch the job using Agent scheduer service. The scheduler service (radsched.exe) runs every minute and executes timers specified in ZTIMEQ.EDM. For your requirement you need to create a STARTUP TIMER.

You may find it helpful to refer to the Agent product guide that documents different types of TIMERs and many attributes that a TIMER can have.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you already have startup TIMER implemented, can you provide details on what you have in the TIMER, I mean attributes and their values, mainly ZSCHDEF and ZSCHFREQ?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.