ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

need to run second service after rebooting the agent.

Hi All,
I have two service attached to a machine.
service1 is to uninstall a software.
And after uninstallation there are some hanging folder which can not be deleted until i restart the system. So for that i have
service2 which will delete some hanging folder which is not possible to delete without rebooting the system.

Now my question can we maintain those two package in such a way that 1st package will ask for reboot and when user will restart the system so that second package will be automatically notified to delete those folder.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On the first service you can set the ZSERVICE.REBOOT attribute to AI=I and this will force an immediate reboot after this service is installed. After the reboot the connect will automatically be restarted using the same command string used to perform the initial connect and thus resovle, install, un-install any remaining services including service 2.

Check out the application manager guide for more information on the ZSERVICE.REBOOT parameter.

HTH.

Karl.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.