Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

VSAN Cluster Monitoring

Hi,

I am trying to monitor for errors relating the vSAN clusters. The errors in question are AlarmStatusChangedEvent errors, which are uncommented in the VI_EventTypes.cfg file.

The events contain the text "vSAN health alarm" and "vSAN CLOMD liveness", both of which have been added to the AlarmFilterByText property which is set in the eaagt agent namespace.

Should this be sufficient for the events to match and be forwarded to HPOM?

These events relate to VCenter clusters (the SystemRole in the event is "CLUSTER"), would I need to add the cluster as a message only node in HPOM or will the event in HPOM be raised against the Vcenter host or the Cloud Optimizer server?

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Nick

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: VSAN Cluster Monitoring

Hello Nick,

You ask a good question and let me see if I can help answer it.

VSANs are not officially supported with Cloud Optimizer.

With that said, they appear to work but your mileage may vary.

Getting your desired events requires a number of steps which you appear to have done.

1. Make sure event type is uncommented from the VI_EventTypes.cfg.
  2. Make sure you have 'AlarmFlag' parameter set to true for the vPV-EventMonitor policy.
  3. Set the 'AlarmFilterByTest' parameter.
  4. Make sure the polling interval for the vPV-EventMonitor policy is the same as the Collection Interval within CO.

You appear to have set things properly.  The only thing that may be required is to restart the PV process and redeploy the policy after setting the updated parameters within the vPV-EventMonitor.

If that didn't work, then I suggest that you enable Debug for the vPV-EventMonitor policy and review the logs.

You can open a support case as needed.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.