Manjunath_J Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Very Urgent not able to install the cloud optimizer

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Iam new on cloud optimizer.

Iam trying to installing the cloud optimizer, i have finished all the prerequisites part. But still the cloud optimizer is not able to install. Below my envirnament.

CO version:3.02

Hyper-V:2012

Attaching the errorscreenshoot for the reference.

Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Very Urgent not able to install the cloud optimizer

Jump to solution

Hello Pranav,

Common reasons for the CO installation failing at the point of installing Vertica are:

• /var/opt/OV is mounted on an LVM partition
  • Insufficient free space on /opt/OV or /var/opt/OV (note that you will need 6GB and 60GB respectively - this has grown over time and we need to update the manual accordingly)

Thanks,
Thierry.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Pranav,

Common reasons for the CO installation failing at the point of installing Vertica are:

• /var/opt/OV is mounted on an LVM partition
  • Insufficient free space on /opt/OV or /var/opt/OV (note that you will need 6GB and 60GB respectively - this has grown over time and we need to update the manual accordingly)

Thanks,
Thierry.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Pranav R N,

Thierry provided a good response concerning LVM and disk space.

The installation failed during the Vertica installation.  To see more details about the error, you can look at the following two additional log files.

• /tmp/HPOvInstaller/HPPVInstallLog.txt
  • /opt/vertica/install.log

These files should provide some additional insight into why the Vertica Installation failed.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Mohamed Saad Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Pranav,

try to deploy the Cloud Optimizer Virtual Appliance. 

regards

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your inputs. The issue got resolved.

Due to LVM partions iam not able to install the vertica, after creating the non LVM partions the installtion was completed successfully. Thanks a lot for giving the quick inputs and responce from thierry and mark.

But i need one more information.

As iam trying to deploy the VpVwincollector packages in windows 2012 server but after click on the install.bat file it is asking the user name and password i have give the correct username and password but the "HP vPV Collector Service" is not able to create.

Kindly help me on this.attached log for the reference.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Pranav,

Are you starting install.bat on a cmd prompt that was started with the option "Run as administrator"?

Thanks,
Thierry.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Theirry,

Yes, iam trying to install both command prompt as well right click and Run as administrator.

Attached error screenshoot for your reference.

Regards,

Pranav R N

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.