FAQ - Registration and Logging In
Why should I register in the Micro Focus Community?
Registration lets you take full advantage of the community, enabling you to:
- Post new messages and reply to other members' posts
- Receive email when someone responds to a specific post or topic
- Exchange private messages with other members
- Personalize your community experience
- Give Kudos and mark solutions as "Accepted"
How do I register?
Registration takes only a minute; all you need is a Passport account. If you do not have a Passport account, you will need your email address, a login name, a password, and answers for a few typical security questions.
- Click "REGISTER" in the dark gray band across any page
- Enter a Login name., also commonly referred to as a "screen name" (Your login name appears whenever you post or send private messages.) Login names may contain upper and lower case letters, numbers 0-9, underscore or hyphen. No other special characters will work.
Tips: If you are a business member, please be sure to follow your company's guidelines for screen names. Please also choose carefully: you can't change your screen name after you're registered. There are many thousands of registered members, so you may have to try more than once to find a screen name not already in use.
- Enter a Password
Tip: Passwords are case-sensitive. Include upper and lower case letters and numbers to make your password more secure.
- Enter your password again
- Enter a valid email address
- You'll be asked to confirm your email. Enter your email address again
- If you receive a message saying that the email address you have entered is already in use, you already have a Passport account, and you will need to use this account. Follow the prompts to recover your password if you have forgotten it.
- Fill in other fields as required or desired
- Select a time zone that matches your location
- Click "REGISTER"
Note: You must have cookies enabled in your browser to register and to sign in the community.
How do I sign in?
After you've registered and confirmed your registration, you can sign in and start participating.
To sign in:
- Click "LOG IN" In the dark gray bar across any page
- Enter your Screen name and Password
- If you have an account on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google +, or Facebook, you can link your other social media account to this login. You will only have to link each these accounts once.
- Click "LOG IN"
What do I do if I forget my login or password?
To get help with your user ID or password:
- Click Need help with your user ID or password? at the bottom of the page
- Enter the email address you used when you registered with the community
- Click Reset Password
- Check your email for your user ID and a password reset link
Note: This is your Passport user ID, not your community screen name.