Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Bookmarks, Subscriptions, and RSS 

Bookmarks, Subscriptions, and RSS 

How Do I Use Bookmarks?

Bookmarks enable you to list community content (boards, articles, topics, or individual posts) on a special page so you can easily find it again.

To Bookmark Content:

• Go to the item (board, post, blog, or blog article) you want to bookmark.
  • To bookmark a location, such as a forum or a blog, click on the blue "options" box on the page > click Bookmark.
  • Bookmark.PNG

• To bookmark a specific post or an article, go to the post or article > to the right of the author info, click on the verticle elipse (kabob) menu > choose "Bookmark."
  • BookmarkBlog.PNG

To View and Manage Your Bookmarks:

• Sign-in to your Community account
  • Go to your profile page by clicking on your avatar in the top right corner of the homepage and select "My profile" > select "settings" > select the "Subscriptions & Notifications" tab
  • There you can view and manage "My Subsciptions, My Bookmarks, Notification Settings, and Email Format."
  • Subscriptions_Notifications.PNG
  •  
  • You can click a bookmark to go to the item
  • To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark > click on the kabob menu under the settings tab > select "Delete Selected Subscriptions" from the dropdown menu > Confirm.

How Do I Use Subscriptions?

Subscriptions let you get email updates whenever new content appears in an area of the Community that you're interested in. You may subscribe to a board, a blog article, or any other location in the Community. You may also subscribe to a specific post.

To Subscribe a Piece of Content:

• Go to the item you want to subscribe to.
  • To subscribe to a location, such as a forum or a blog, click on Options > Subscribe.
  • To subscribe to a specific post or blog article, go to the post or article and click on the kabob menu to the right of the author avatar, then  > Options > Subscribe.

To View and Manage Your Subscriptions:

• Sign-in to your Community account 
  • Go to your profile page by clicking your avatar > My Profile > Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > My Subscriptions
  • On the page that opens, you will see a list of the items to which you are subscribed
  • You can click a subscription to go to the item
  • To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription > click on the kabob menu under the settings tab > select "Delete Selected Subscriptions" from the dropdown menu > Confirm.

What is RSS and How Do I Use It?

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication." It is a way for you to get the latest content from this community, along with many other sites you visit in one place. With an RSS feed reader, you subscribe to websites, and those sites feed you headlines so you can stay up-to-date.

To use RSS, you need a feed reader, such as MyYahoo, or the Live Bookmarks feature of Firefox. There are many free options. After you have your feed reader set up, you can find RSS feeds in the Community by going to a board, blog, thread, or message and selecting the blue box "Subscribe to [forum, blog, or board] updates" located under the options box on the upper, righthand side of the page.

RSS_Feed.PNG

After you click it, the RSS feed appears in your reader as well as new content from that section of the Community whenever it becomes available, to unsubscribe click the same button.

Labels (1)
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎2019-03-20 18:34
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.