Community Ranks - Icons and Steps
You will see rank icons, along with badges throughout the Community.The goal of these elements of gamification is to reinforce members’ activities and actions that make our Community more effective over time.
The purpose of the Community is to help you find answers to your questions and the rank model helps to identify those members who actively contribute within the Community by offering answers and solutions, visiting often, contributing content, reciving likes and liking other authors contributions, etc. Active participation helps you move up the rank model as well as the impact those posts have on your peers' success. Rank icons, help other Community members identify who is who to help give you an idea about how active they are in the community, the more senior member's names, Knowledge Partners, etc. and to highlight them and their contributions.
You can help a fellow community member move to a higher rank by liking a post that solves your issue or marking it as an "Accepted Solution." Your peers in the Community will do the same for you.
The community has a distinct set of ranking steps that recognize your strengths in collecting, contributing, or offering advice within the threads on which you participate.
1. You will begin as a “New Member,” and depending on how often you visit and what you contribute, will move through the following rankings:
- New Member
- Frequent Visitor
- Established Member
- Senior Member
- Frequent Contributor
- Regular Contributor
- Valued Contributor
- Trusted Contributor
- Respected Contributor
- Super Contributor
- Honored Contributor
- Outstanding Contributor
- Acclaimed Contributor
- Micro Focus Expert
The short phrase that appears with your username in your posts is your rank in the community.
2. Ranks are associated with a colored ribbon icon that displays a number. The number depicts the linear progression of an members advancement in ranks within the Community: 1, 2, 3,...9, 10, 11. These will be be displayed net to the short phrase associated with your avatar.
Other ribbons you may see associated with a members avatar include:
How are Ranks Determined in the Community?
Ranks are determined by your participation in the community. Here are a few tips:
- Answer each other’s questions, the model rewards Accepted Solutions, answers,blog posts, replies, and likes (both given and recieved).
- Ask questions and engage in discussions.
- Read and share content on your Social Media platforms.
Any questions or feedback, please let us know!