Finding UNREAD posts
When in a user discussion forum you often want to only see the topics or posts you haven't already seen. When viewing the topic list, you can tell which topics have new content by the small speach bubble which appears on the left side of the topic subject:
Also, on the right side of the user discussion forum there is now a box showing topics (and replies) you haven't read yet:
FYI You can get a list of all topics or messages that are unread (for you).
There are two tabs:
- DISCUSSIONS (unread topics / threads / root messages )
- POSTS (all unread posts, including replies)
You can also select how you want it to be viewed:
- Show Preview
- Show Full Text
MARKING MESSAGES READ:
- You can check some articles, or, using the options menu (three dots) check all articles on the page, then select Mark Topic as Read or....
- Using the options menu, scroll to the bottom and Mark All Posts as Read, which will mark ALL unread posts as read.
EXAMPLES OF USING THIS AT VARIOUS LEVELS IN THE COMMUNITY:
- FORUM LEVEL: Put the forum/board ID at the end of the following URL like this:
- CATEGORY LEVEL: Put the category ID (neighborhood or product) at the end of the following URL like this:
NOTE: To find the the forum / idea / category / TKB node ID, it is always the last part of the URL in those nodes.
NEIGHBORHOOD LEVEL UNREAD CONTENT:
- Analytics & Big Data:
- Application Delivery Management
- Application Modernization & Connectivity
- Business Continuity
- Information Management & Governance
- IT Operations Management