- You can search for specific knowledge base articles or use special navigation links that let you browse through the Community's knowledge bases.
- After you find an article, you can add your comments.
- Articles can contain some of the same rich media as other posts, including images and attachments.
- Each article contains lists of contributors and related links.
Contributors could be Community members whose posts or comments are used in the article, authors who put the article together, or editors who reviewed or refined it. Related links take you to posts used in the article or other posts authors thought you might find helpful or interesting, including forum messages, blog articles, and ideas
How Do I Nominate Content for a Knowledge Base?
If you find great community material (helpful questions and answers or just plain useful information) you can nominate it as a knowledge base article. The people responsible for the Community's knowledge base evaluate your nomination; if it's accepted, knowledge base authors can use it as the basis for a knowledge base article.
To nominate content:
- Go to the topic you want to nominate.
- Click Topic Options > Nominate to Knowledge Base.