IT Operations Management Idea Exchange FAQs

IT Operations Management Idea Exchange FAQs

General & Registration

1. What is Idea Exchange?

Idea Exchange is our platform for users to submit their ideas / enhancements and help shape our product roadmap.

Users can submit their ideas, vote for, and comment on existing ideas and help define the solution. Ideas with the threshold vote are evaluated by Product Managers and considered for implementation. Ideas are open to all and status is visible at all times so it provides transparency which fosters greater collaboration among customers, partners and internal experts in shaping the product roadmap

2. How do I register and create an account?

For registration all you need to create an account are: your email address, a login name, a password, and answers for a few typical security questions. For detailed instructions, click here.

3. Do I need to log in to use Idea Exchange?

Idea Exchange is an open forum. Anyone can view ideas, even without logging in. However, if you want to submit an idea, vote for, or comment on ideas, you must log in with your credentials.

If you do not have an account, you can create one with your email address, a login name, a password, and answers for a few typical security questions. For detailed instructions, click here.

Idea Submission & Tracking

4. Are there any guidelines on how to submit an idea?

Yes, there are a few idea submission guidelines:

• Search the community before submitting a new idea.
  • Draft your idea. To help everyone else in the community really understand what you’re suggesting, explain your idea in detail, be sure to include your rationale and your perspective of value. The more we know about your idea – who it’s for, what the motivation is, and what the actual item is, the more accurate we’ll be when it comes time to prioritize and size it.

Enter your idea in the template below:

• Brief Description

Briefly describe your idea

• Benefits / Value

Explain why is this important? (When used, by which role, and benefits / value)

• Design details

Explain how you would like this idea designed / implemented

Please review our Submission Guidelines and Review process for detailed guidance.

5. How do I post an idea?

To post your idea:

1. Go to the idea exchange where you want to post an idea.
    Tip: It's a good idea to search the idea exchange first to make sure that someone else hasn't already posted the same idea.
  2. Click Suggest an Idea.
  3. Type an Idea Subject and the body of your idea.
    You can use simple HTML, format the text, or add links or images. You can also preview your idea and check your spelling before you post the idea.
  4. To receive email when someone comments on your idea, click E-mail me when someone replies.
  5. If labels are required, enter or choose one or more labels.
    The labels you can choose from are listed below the Label entry area. Click a label to choose it. Labels make it easy to find related or similar ideas.
  6. (Optional) Add one or more tags.
  7. Click Post.

6. How do I vote for an idea I like?

You vote for an idea by giving it likes. Just click the Thumbs Up button next to the idea. If you change your mind, you can revoke your likes later.

7. What do idea statuses mean?

Micro Focus Product Managers update the status of an idea to communicate with you about where the idea stands. Generally, ideas would move through the stages described below:

Status

Definition

New Idea

All ideas begin in this status. New ideas are available for other community members to view, comment and vote on.

Waiting for votes

The idea has received an initial review to ensure adherence to our idea submission and community guidelines. More information may be needed at this stage and we expect the community to help prioritize the idea with comments and voting.

Needs Clarification

Ideas in this status need more information, detail or clarification.

Under Consideration

Ideas in this status have received enough votes and comments from the community and been reviewed by Micro Focus for strategic fit. These ideas are continually monitored and considered for prioritization in our development planning.

Accepted

The idea has received enough votes and comments from the community and been reviewed by the Micro Focus product team. It is officially on the roadmap for development and delivery. (Subject to change, and not a commitment.)

Duplicate

Ideas in this status have already been submitted by another community member. See the idea comments for a link to the duplicate and add your comments and vote there.

Archived

Ideas that have not received enough community comments or votes for several months will move to this status. Archived ideas may be commented upon but may not receive votes. Archived ideas may be re-opened based on community input.

Already Offered

This status indicates that the desired feature or enhancement is already available in some fashion through the product today. Check the comments for details on workarounds or documentation references.

Declined

These ideas are not being considered for product development due to strategic fit or technical feasibility within a reasonable timeframe. Keep the new ideas coming.

Delivered

The idea has been implemented and delivered in a product release. Check the idea comments for details on the release version.

8. Will the product team respond to every idea?

Every idea will get a preliminary review, strictly for adherence to the submission guidelines. Then, the ideas with high community support (votes) will be assessed for alignment to the product plan and product roadmap. Please review our submission guidelines and review process for more information.

9. How to get a full list of ideas I submitted?

All your ideas posted can be accessed via your profile page. You can access that by clicking your username in the top right, it shall give you all your info – your profile details, ideas posted, voted, commented, etc.

You can also search for a particular idea in the ‘Find by Idea ID’ widget on the right side.

10. How do I follow or subscribe to the ideas I am interested in?

You can manage your Subscriptions & Notifications under your profile settings in – My Subscriptions. There are various options to subscribe to new topics, replies to your posts, etc.

11. Can Micro Focus employees submit and vote on ideas?

Micro Focus employees can submit ideas. If you are entering an idea, remember to use your MF email address, remove any customer identifying information, follow the submission guidelines, and keep comments external facing.

If Micro Focus employees submit an idea on behalf of a customer, please ask the customer to vote on the idea so we know the customers that are interested and the customer should also subscribe to changes so they’re alerted of the progress.

Micro Focus employees are not recommended to vote on ideas, as we would like to understand the community interest rather than internal. Micro Focus votes have lower weightage as compared to customer votes so it is always advisable to customers to vote themselves.

12. What are the vote threshold criteria, 1 company 1 vote or 1 user 1 vote?

Every user can vote once on every idea posted. But if the idea passed the vote threshold only because one company had many votes and/or internal votes, moderators may re-consider the common value of this idea, as votes is for the community to find out ideas with common values.

13. Will all top voted ideas be accepted and planned?

We cannot guarantee that. All ideas with high community support (votes) will be assessed for alignment to the product roadmap.

14. Whom do I contact if I need further information on a specific idea?

You can send private email to your community moderators who are our Product Managers for further discussion or information.

Labels (1)
Comments

Whenever I get an notification of changes for the Idea Exchange, I click on the link and I get to the Idea Exchange page. By default, it goes to the end of the page, showing the Leave a Comment box but my intention is to read the latest change to the Idea or from the start again. Can the default be changed to take user to the top of the page instead of the end of the page showing the comment box? It's a pain to scroll to the top of the page if you have several notifications per day.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into it to see what we can do about this. 

The following rule is not acceptable for non-English speaking customers.

"Micro Focus employees are not recommended to vote on ideas, as we would like to understand the community interest rather than internal. Micro Focus votes have lower weight age as compared to customer votes so it is always advisable to customers to vote themselves."

Do you allow Japanese customers to submit their requests in Japanese ?

@Yoshihiro Watabe thanks for your comment. These are simply recommendations. Japanese customers can submit their requests in Japanese. If preferred, they can ask an employee to submit on their behalf to have their Idea posted in English in order to reach a larger audience who can comment and vote. 

We just strongly recommend that MF employees not vote for Ideas. Instead they should encourage customers to vote themselves.

Hello Winkra. Thank you for your reply. Your reply is beyond my expectation. 

I'll ask my customers to submit their requests in Japanese by themselves from next time.

However, I've already submitted some requests on their behalf as follows.

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Operations-Orchestration-Idea/Easy-migrations-to-any-upper-versions/idi-p/2766102

I'd appreciate it if you could understand it's based on the big OO customer's request at every  meeting with them.

@Yoshihiro Watabe thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, you or other employees can submit Ideas on a customer's behalf, especially if they want the Idea posted in English. In fact, one thought is to post the Idea in both languages so that more people can see it and vote and comment on it. 

So if customers prefer that you submit on their behalf, please continue to do so.

thanks

Hello. Thank you for your comment.

I'm afraid most of my Japanese customers are not accustomed to writing this kind of English requests because they must use some special technical words they seldom use. That's why I must submit their requests in English on their behalf.

Anyway, other countries' people often misunderstand many Japanese people can speak English.

I've already shared your reply "Japanese customers can submit their requests in Japanese" with my team members,

@Yoshihiro Watabe thanks for your reply. Like I mentioned, they can submit in Japanese but in order to have more people see the post and be able to comment or vote, you can certainly submit the post on the customer's behalf, in English. 

Thank you for your advice. I agree with you. We Japanese Micro Focus employees should add the English translation after our customers submit their Japanese requests in this site. 

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
20 of 20
Last update:
‎2020-03-06 17:25
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.