IT Operations Management Idea Exchange
1. Does Idea Exchange replace the current Enhancement Request (ER) process through Software Service Online (SSO)?
Yes, during the initial phase of the project the ER process is still available via SSO; however, we ask that you log all ideas in Idea Exchange. Soon, logging ERs for ITOM products via SSO will be disabled.
2. What Will Happen to the ERs Currently in SSO?
For ERs already committed to customers, they will continue on the release roadmap. They may or may not be moved into Idea Exchange. Product Managers will review the current ERs and select ideas to seed Idea Exchange. For the remaining ERs, we will make them inactive in SSO and not migrate them to Idea Exchange. If you do not see your ER and would like it to be considered, please log it in Idea Exchange.
3. Do I Need to Resubmit My Previously Logged ER?
Product Managers have reviewed the existing list of ERs and have populated Idea Exchange with some of the most common requests – take a look and support your favorites (with votes). If you don’t see your #1 idea you may want to add it to see what the rest of the Community thinks about it.
4. Will the Product Team Respond to Every Idea?
Every idea will get a preliminary review, strictly for adherence to the submission guidelines. Then, the ideas with high community support (votes) will be assessed for alignment to the product plan and product roadmap. Please review our submission guidelines and review process for more information.
Registration & Login
1. How Do I Register and Create an Account?
For registration all you need is a Passport account. If you do not have a Passport account, you will need your email address, a login name, a password, and answers for a few typical security questions. For step-by-step registration process, click here.
2. Can I Log in with My Social Login Accounts like LinkedIn, Twitter, Etc.?
Yes, you can login with social accounts on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, or Facebook; however, we highly recommend you use your professional email address to register and login so your company name is known to the Product Managers during the review cycle.
Idea Submission & Tracking
1. Who Can Submit an Idea?
Community members can submit ideas to the Idea Exchange (see here for how to create an account and become a Community member).
2. Is There a Guidance Document on How to Submit an Idea?
Please review our submission guidelines and review process for detailed guidance.
3. How Can I Track Ideas Submitted by My Company?
- You may want to create an account using your company email address and submit all ideas under that account. An advantage to this is updates will go to that team and not an individual who may have left the company.
- Idea tags may also be leveraged to track ideas.
4. How to Get a Full List of Ideas I Submitted?
All your ideas posted can be accessed via your profile page. You can access that by clicking your avatar at the in the top right > click "My Profile" to review your personal Community stats.
5. How Do I Follow or Subscribe to Ideas I Am Interested In?
You can manage your "Subscriptions & Notifications" under your profile settings in "My Subscriptions." There are various options to subscribe to new topics, replies to your posts, etc.
6. Whom Do I Contact if I Need Further Information on a Specific Idea?
You can send private email to your community moderators who are our Product Managers for further discussion or information.