Images and Image Albums

Images and Image Albums

What is an Image Album and How Do I View It?

An image album is a collection of images that you or another Community member have uploaded. Each member who has permission to upload images has an image album. You can view your own as well as the image albums of others they have chosen to share, called Public Images. Note: your image album is created automatically after you have logged into the Community several times, over a few days. Before that time, you will be unable to upload images.

To view your image album: 

• Sign in to your Community account
  • Go to your profile page by clicking your avatar in the top right corner and selecting "My profile" from the dropdown menu.
  • On the righthand side of your page there is a section titled "My Photos."
  • Click on "All Images" here you can select "Albums" and add images, view hidden images, profile avatars, and public images.

To view another user's image album:

• Click the community member's user name to go to that user's profile page
  • A preview of that user's shared (public) images appears on the right under "My Photos."
  • Click "Album" to see full list of images.

How Do I Upload an Image to My Albums?

There are some size limitations and in some cases, a Community Manager must approve your image before it appears in your album or before you can insert it in a post.

To upload an image to your Album:

• Go to your profile page by clicking your avatar and selecting "My profile"
  • Go to "My Photos" and click on "View all"
  • Click "Albums"
  • Click "Add Images." You will be given the option to choose up to 20 images to upload to your album.
  • Click "Choose Files" and navigate to where you have images saved, select them and a preview of the image will appear on your Community Album page.  
  • Click "Select an Album" and choose either "Place images in existing album or new album," select from the dropdown "Existing Albums" box. Add a title to the "Album Title" box if you are creating a new album.
  • Click "Save"

Note: private images never appear when other Community members view your image gallery.They only appear if you insert the image in a post.

How Do I Use an Uploaded Image as My Personal Avatar?

• Go to your profile page by clicking your avatar and selecting "Profile" from the dropdown menu.
  • On the page that opens, select "Avatars"
  • Select "Upload an Avatar" to choose an image "From my Computer, From My Albums, or From another Site."
  • Click "Save"
  • You may also choose from our collection of images, click on one you like and it will au
  • choose an image from your Image Gallery (click From Image Gallery and click the image you want). You can only use this option unless you have uploaded images that have not yet been approved.

How Do I Insert an Image in a Post?

You can insert images from your computer (this uploads the image to your gallery), from your image gallery (if the image is not awaiting approval), or from another location on the internet.

• Start a new post, edit an existing one, or create or edit a reply
  • Click "Photo" in the editor tool bar (it looks like a camera)
  • You can also use the "File Attachment" dialog. The only attachments accepted are image files
  • Choose one of the image source options and follow the on-screen instructions

My Friends Can't See the Photos I've Uploaded, Where Are They?

For your protection, some uploaded images require a Commmunity Manager's approval before they can be displayed. Although you can see your uploaded images that are awaiting approval or flagged for review, other Community members who view your photos can only see the ones that have been approved.

What is a Private Image?

Only you can see a private image. Each time you upload an image, you can decide whether you want it  to appear in your album. If you choose no, the image is private. Remember, a moderator must approve some uploaded images before your can use them in a post or display them in your album.

To change the privacy setting for an image:

• In your gallery page, click the check box below the image you want to change
  • Click Image Options > Make All Checked Images Public or Private

Labels (1)
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎2019-03-20 18:29
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.