Likes (Votes in Idea Exchange)
Likes (clicking thumbs up icon) offers a content rating system that lets you vote for the messages you think are the most useful or important.
When you like content, you are aknowledging good content and giving a pat on the back to its author. Your likes help to boost the value of certain messages and enhance the reputation of their authors. Giving a like is as easy as a single click, but the impact ripples across the Community.
Please note, in the Idea Exchange, we use likes for votes.ant to vote for an idea, please click on the kudos/vote button.
How Do I Like Content?
You can like any content in the Community, except your own.
- To like content, click the thumbs up icon found at the bottom of the content (it will display blue).
- If you change your mind about the quality of the message, you can revoke your like by clicking on the thumbs up icon a second time (it will display white).
How Can I See Who's Liked My Content?
Want to know who has liked your content? It's easy to find out which Community Members and Community Experts have liked your contributions.
To see who liked your content:
- Log into the Community
- Click the Notification feed, displayed in the upper righthand corner (bell icon)
- The "Notification Feed" page shows you all the community members who have liked your content.
How Can I See which Messages or Authors have Received the Most Likes?
There are two leaderboards located on the Community homepage:
- The "Top Authors" leaderboard shows who has received the most kudos.
- The "Latest Blogs" leaderboard showcases the most viewed blog articles and discussions of interest across teh Community.
Links from the front-page leaderboards take you to the full leaderboard pages:
- In the Community Leaderboard (blue banner in the center of the Community homepage) click on "view all" to see how all authors are ranked in the community. Here you can search by "author" or "posts" and a time range: "24 hours, Last Week, Last Month, Last 6 Months, Last Year, or All Time."
Why Can't I Give Kudos to Some Messages?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to give Kudos to a post.
- You've already liked a message (you can only like content once)
- You wrote the message (you can't like your own messages)
- A Community Manager wants you to only like a message that starts a thread and not to replies.
- A Community Manager has turned the like option off for a message or a forum.
- A Community Manager has frozen likes a specific message. You can still see how many likes the message has received, but you can'are not able to like it anymore.