Mute all notifications for specific forum discussions

Mute all notifications for specific forum discussions

From time to time, a particular forum post/thread can get lots of activity. So much, in fact, that some members can get inundated with activity notifications (for edits, replies, messages). When this happens, you can now opt to mute the thread temporarily or permanently.

To mute notifications on a particular thread:

1. Sign in to the community and go to the thread you want to mute.
  2. Open the Options menu and click Mute:2019-05-13 13_40_24-A video upload_ - Micro Focus Community STAGE.jpg

3. To restore notifications on this thread, open the Options menu again and click Unmute.

Members can easily review and manage all their muted items from their "My Subscriptions" page:

1. Sign in to the community and go to My Settings.
  2. Click Subscriptions & Notifications.
  3. On the My Subscriptions tab, click Manage Muted Items.
    ManageMutedItems.jpg
  4. In the list of muted items, click Delete (trashcan icon) for each thread you’d like to unmute.
    UnmuteFromList.jpg

Labels (2)
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2019-05-13 20:44
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.