Mute all notifications for specific forum discussions
From time to time, a particular forum post/thread can get lots of activity. So much, in fact, that some members can get inundated with activity notifications (for edits, replies, messages). When this happens, you can now opt to mute the thread temporarily or permanently.
To mute notifications on a particular thread:
- Sign in to the community and go to the thread you want to mute.
- Open the Options menu and click Mute:
- To restore notifications on this thread, open the Options menu again and click Unmute.
Members can easily review and manage all their muted items from their "My Subscriptions" page:
- Sign in to the community and go to My Settings.
- Click Subscriptions & Notifications.
- On the My Subscriptions tab, click Manage Muted Items.
- In the list of muted items, click Delete (trashcan icon) for each thread you’d like to unmute.