Registration and Logging In
Why Should I Register in the Micro Focus Community?
Registration lets you take full advantage of the community, enabling you to:
- Post new messages and reply to other members' posts
- Receive email when someone responds to a specific post or topic
- Exchange private messages with other members
- Personalize your community experience
- Give Likes and mark solutions as "Accepted"
How Do I Register?
Registration takes only a minute; all you need is an Access Manager account. If you do not have one, you will need your email address, a login name, a password, and answers for a few typical security questions.
- Click "REGISTER" from the homepage banner or dark grey banner on any page.
- Enter a "screen name" (your login name appears whenever you post or send private messages.) Login names may contain upper and lower case letters; numbers 0-9; and an underscore or hyphen, but no other special characters will work.
Tip: if you are a business member, please be sure to follow your company's guidelines for screen names. Please also choose carefully: you can't change your screen name after you're registered. There are many thousands of registered members, so you may have to try more than once to find a screen name not already in use.
- Enter a password
Tip: passwords are case-sensitive. Include upper and lower case letters and numbers to make your password more secure.
- Re-enter to confirm your password again
- Enter a valid email address
- Re-enter to confirm your email a second time
- If you receive a message saying the email address you have entered is already in use, you already have a Passport account, and you will need to use this account. Follow the prompts to recover your password if you have forgotten it.
- Fill in other fields as required or desired
- Select a time zone that matches your location
- Click "REGISTER"
Note: you must have cookies enabled in your browser to register and to sign in the community.
How Do I Sign In?
After you've registered and confirmed your registration, you can sign in and start participating. To sign in:
- Click "Sign In" In the dark gray bar across any page
- Enter your Screen Name and Password
Note: if you have an account on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google +, or Facebook, you can link your other social media account to this login. You will only have to link each these accounts once.
- Click the blue "Sign In" box, your avatar will appear in the upper right corner of the page.
What If I Forget My Login or Password?
To get help with your user ID or password:
- Click "Sign In", click on the blue text, "forget username or password"
- Enter the email address you used when you registered with the community
- Click the blue box "Set a new password"
- Check your email for your user ID and a password reset link
Note: this is your Passport user ID, not your community screen name