Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Communities of vertical market peers

Would you like to see us create private closed communities for peers in Health Care, Federal Government, or Local Government?

We already have communities for Academics in K-12 and Higher Education and it's working well. We want to explore the possibility of expanding such communities to other vertical markets. These closed communities put industry peers together to discuss specifics of that industry. How does your hospital deploy workstations? How does your city archive email? How do you control login to Government web sites?

Would you like to see open or private, non disclosure communities?

Are you interested? Do you think this would be of value to you? Fill out the poll and respond to this post if you would like. Maybe we haven't thought of an option for you yet. THANKS for taking the time to give feedback.
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
32 Replies
Community Manager

Hey ScorpionSting:

>how and who can identify these posts could
>be interesting

It depends on the media. Such groups could operate in a private subset
of these forums, or they could operate via email using a listserver.
Moderation methods is one of those things that can be determined once
it's decided to create such a usergroup (for lack of a better word).
Thanks for your input.

--
Kim - 6/4/2015 8:20:57 AM
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, just to say this is already happening in the UK for the NHS (Healthcare) and Novell customers. One thing to understand is despite being National, NHS organisations operate as individual business. We are now into our 4th/5th year of meeting 3 times a year as a group.

The key to the success has been the group is owned/run by us the users/customers. We have a LinkedIn group that we use to manage the group and communicate outside of the meetings.

They are a great event hosted and organised by Novell UK but the group do get a genuine input into what gets presented at each event. This has been achieved by allowing all the Novell customers to have a private meeting (Novell and Partners leave the room!) in the afternoon to allow us to freely discuss Novell and the products.

Many things have come out of these meetings from technical solutions, licensing deals to cross/shared working. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMJWUxsqN0

What are peoples thoughts on a global healthcare forum ?

Thanks
Spencer
0 Likes
Community Manager

Thanks Spencer,

If there's already a system in place working for you, that's great and
I'm glad to hear it. I don't suppose there will be much call for a
Healthcare community then.

--
Kim - 6/4/2015 3:19:53 PM
--
0 Likes
Community Manager

Hey spencapl:

>What are peoples thoughts on a global healthcare forum ?

Can you see a benefit? Would there be any benefit to you to have the
discussions integrated into our forum system along side the public
technical discussions?

--
Kim - 6/4/2015 3:21:11 PM
--
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Kim

I think there could be a benefit, as healthcare has some particular challenges - legacy 'vertical' apps, requiring old and specific versions of common components (e.g. java), outdated 'warranted environment specifications' (WES) to name but a couple. Other areas might be how organisations are implementing industry requirements (e.g. disk encryption) and how different technical solutions interact, etc.

I am part of the UK group that Spencer discussed, but LinkedIn is not really that great a platform for discussions.

Also, from the sounds of it healthcare might be a key market for Micro Focus going forward, so reaching out and enabling collaboration between technicians working in that market would be a good thing.

HTH
Cheers
David Brightman
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

I've voted other. Would love to see a Legal / Law group created.
In the past Novell was huge in the legal sector, now I know of very little law firms using anything Novell in the UK.
0 Likes
Community Manager

Thanks for the good feedback David. It sounds like it could have some value then. Stay tuned.

djbrightman;2396650 wrote:
Hi Kim

I think there could be a benefit, as healthcare has some particular challenges - legacy 'vertical' apps, requiring old and specific versions of common components (e.g. java), outdated 'warranted environment specifications' (WES) to name but a couple. Other areas might be how organisations are implementing industry requirements (e.g. disk encryption) and how different technical solutions interact, etc.

I am part of the UK group that Spencer discussed, but LinkedIn is not really that great a platform for discussions.

Also, from the sounds of it healthcare might be a key market for Micro Focus going forward, so reaching out and enabling collaboration between technicians working in that market would be a good thing.

HTH
Cheers
David Brightman
--
0 Likes
Community Manager

tombott;2396656 wrote:
I've voted other. Would love to see a Legal / Law group created.
In the past Novell was huge in the legal sector, now I know of very little law firms using anything Novell in the UK.

Do you think there is enough critical mass to have such a legal group create it's own value? We're talking about all the Micro Focus products (Novell, NetIQ, SUSE, Borland, Micro Focus, Attachmate)
--
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kgroneman;2395254 wrote:
Would you like to see us create private closed communities for peers in Health Care, Federal Government, or Local Government?

We already have communities for Academics in K-12 and Higher Education and it's working well. We want to explore the possibility of expanding such communities to other vertical markets. These closed communities put industry peers together to discuss specifics of that industry. How does your hospital deploy workstations? How does your city archive email? How do you control login to Government web sites?

Would you like to see open or private, non disclosure communities?

Are you interested? Do you think this would be of value to you? Fill out the poll and respond to this post if you would like. Maybe we haven't thought of an option for you yet. THANKS for taking the time to give feedback.

I am interested in Healthcare. I used to be focused on a local view. Now things are expanding and it is possible that our little slice might grow with some new acquisitions/mergers. I need to begin to look at things on a much wider scope and issues.

Thanks Artie Zinkan
New Forum Poster
Ascension Information Services
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

kgroneman;2396777 wrote:
Do you think there is enough critical mass to have such a legal group create it's own value? We're talking about all the Micro Focus products (Novell, NetIQ, SUSE, Borland, Micro Focus, Attachmate)

In which case Small Business would suit, shame Novell lost its foothold in the legal sector.

Cheers.
0 Likes
Community Manager

Hey tombott:

>In which case Small Business would suit

Another vote for Small Business. Thanks.

--
Kim - 6/15/2015 10:55:21 AM
--
0 Likes
Community Manager

Hey azinkan:

>I am interested in Healthcare.

As are a few others. Thanks. Stay tuned.

--
Kim - 6/15/2015 10:55:44 AM
--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.