Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Lousy forum search

I find that with change to the new forum GUI, the search mechanism has become so much more unreliable than before.

For example, if I include "UFT" among the search terms, the search will "correct" that to "UPS" or some other abbreviation, without first asking me. True, when presenting the search results on the erratic search, there is a clickable link that asks if I did really mean "UFT". So I have to search twice to get what I want.

But moreover, the "Search instead for" link that provides the correct second search is difficult to click because it is half hidden behind a large black "POST" button. At first I thought it was my Internet Explorer version that was the culprit. But when I tried it in Chrome I got the same result. So apparently this is a feature, intended to show that I should not really search for things that I don't need to know...

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

>the search mechanism has become so much more unreliable than before.

I've found I can no longer exclude words, since no advanced search anymore.  (Hmm, just found it.)

Instead just use google with: site:community.hpe.com

>the "Search instead for" link that provides the correct second search is difficult to click because it is half hidden behind a large black "POST" button.

So both of them are broken.  Works fine on firefox and my chrome, that "Do you mean" link is ABOVE the selection box.

Edit: Hmm, now it overlaps on the right and no link to click.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.