UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Password reset email slow

took over 1 half hour to get email to reset.  Went to "regular" support site and requested there instead. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry you ran into that issue. Were you able to reset going through the Support site? Just want to make sure the issue was resolved.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander

I did. 

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi,

We have been experiencing  issues with the "passport reset". I fix was installed last night, so we hope that it has been fixed now.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander

Still slow. (I actually went to my HP support page to change my pp pw.) Been 10 minutes since I did the " I forgot my password thing here."

HPE never seems to make things easy??  

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Hi,

Apologize for the inconvenience. I tried to reproduce your situation, but I have not been successful.

Are you going to the support site https://softwaresupport.hpe.com  to change your password?

• Go to https://softwaresupport.hpe.com
  • Click on "My Software Support Sign-in"
  • This should bring up the passport page where you c an click on "Forgot password"

If this is not then case, please let me know what link you are accessing, so that I can try to reproduce.

Thanks.

Greetings,

Bill

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

My password expired and I couldn't get in with new.  Using old, it kept saying it expired.

I keep having this problem every 6 months!

I too had to go to HPE Support site to change it:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc

And this time it showed the security questions, which I don't remember yesterday.

I had no problems geting into the HP Support forum, when I tried a day later (today):

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

This is a passport issue. When you logged into the community, you most likely saw that your passport password expired and you had to renew it. Where you not able to change your password? If this is the case let me know and we will report this to the passport team as this should be possible.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

>Where you not able to change your password? 

It said it changed the password but for the wrong (HP) forum?

Let's put it this way, changing my password has NEVER worked using Lithium for the last N times.  Only by going to the HPE Support center does it work.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Thanks is strange as both platforms are using HPE Passport. It shouldn't matter. I have never experienced issues changing my passport, but I will pass this on to the passport team as this needs to work properly.

Did it change your password and when you logged in again on another platform that uses passport  it didn't accept it?

Need to have a clear understanding what you experienced so that i can report this to the passport team.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I have three Lithium accounts, 1 HP, 2 HPE.

1930: I tried accessing both HPE Lithium forums and got password expired.

So I click on that link in the message.   Change the password.

I then try that new password and it says not valid.  Try the old and it says expired.  Several times.

Go to SW forum and try new and old, same problem.

I then give up, remembering that it seems to take a long time to sync?

1230 next day.  Try HP forum, works fine with new password.

Then I try both HPE forums with new and old, no change.

Then I use HPE support site to change password again.  It seems to go farther and displays my security questions.

And then the new password works.

The moral of the story is that you can NOT use the Lithium site to change your password!  Or it changes the HP one and not HPE one.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Thank you. Will pass this on to the passport team.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.