Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

constant automated e-mails from Micro Focus Community

How do I stop all these automated e-mails from Micro Focus Community?  Over the last few days I have been getting e-mails from forums in which I am not participating.  Even if I were interested, I would not want all these automated e-mails.  If I post a question, then I will go look for answers when I have the time. 

The e-mails say I can unsubscribe, but they only let me unsubscribe to one thread at a time!  It looks as though I will have to add Micro Focus to my junk e-mail list of senders to block!

6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi jb1,

I've experienced this too. I found that if you go top level of the forum there is a 'Turn Forum notifications off' button, just under the 'Popular Posts' section.

If you're not sure how to get to the forum you can follow the link in your email and in the navigation banner hit the 'More' button and select 'Forum'.  Or you might be able to edit the link in the email so it doesn't contain anything after '/forum'.

For example, community.microfocus.com/.../forum

Hope this helps,
Steven

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think it is easier to disable them by clicking on the X over the notification and confirming "Do not notify me when someone Replies are added to threads I'm subscribed to" or "Threads are started in forums I'm subscribed to".

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I hadn't noticed that 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There's another way to manage your subscriptions, you can click your profile icon, click settings and go to subscriptions. You can manage them all at once in there.

Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks, Aisling. I just changed my settings, so I will wait to see if I get more of these messages.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks also to JuanB and Steven for their help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.