New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

New Themed Rank Badges in the Community

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
16 21 1,586

STblog.png"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end." -- Spock

The community team has created a new set of Star Fleet themed rank badges for our community.  The new badges are easier to understand and, frankly, are a lot more fun than our old badges. 

Live long and prosper, enjoy your new rank ...... and working towards the next rank!

FleetAdmiral.png Fleet Admiral Admiral.png Admiral
ViceAdmiral.png Vice Admiral Commodore.png Commodore
Captain.png Captain Commander.png Commander
LieutenantCommander.png Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant.png Lieutenant
Ensign.png Ensign Cadet1st.png Cadet 1st Class
Cadet2nd.png Cadet 2nd Class Cadet3rd.png Cadet 3rd Class
1Kpartner.png Knowledge Partner 1MF3expert.png Micro Focus Expert
1MF2frequent.png Micro Focus Frequent Contributor 1MF1contributor.png Micro Focus Contributor
21 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

👍

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @kgroneman

Just to understand, MicroFocus employees can only obtain "MicroFocus XXXXXXXX" badge, the others are for non-MF employees. Am I right? 

Regards,  

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

BTW, nice badges, I like them actually. 😄 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I will never make Fleet Admiral. Destined to work in the engine room.  😉

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I'm disappointed that Knowledge Partner has a fancier badge than MF Expert. I think MF Expert needs the flashiest of badges........

Community Manager

Hi @Victor_F_DP

That's correct about the badges for MF employees vs. non-MF users! Also glad you like the badges 🙂 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Ryan Winston I had the same thought.

Community Manager

Micro Focus Employees are paid.   Knowledge Partners volunteer.   LIke @Jas1  says, employees  work in the engine room keeping the ship running.  LOL!   I can probably spruce up the employee badges a little.  Lemme work on that. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

To be fair, most of us volunteer time away from our primary work load to give advice.  On top of that, we want something that grabs attention so that you know you're actually working with a MF Expert, aka Subject Matter Expert.  Thanks for considering sprucing them up, no one wants to be a red shirt stuck in engineering bay.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I want to reiterate what @Ryan Winston mentioned, yes we are paid to support customers that "open tickets for support". Those of use that answer questions in the community do so on our on own and it is considered "over and above" our normal duties. 

Like it or not/right or wrong, answering questions on the community does not fall under the scope of duties for technical support.

Community Manager

Updated.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes!! Very good improvement. Now it's clear we are from MF. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I will proudly wear that badge!  Thanks for entertaining the feedback!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Kim, thank you for the updated badge!! Looks great! 😁

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Nice !!  Now all we need are real life badges to reward the community users, if there's no copyright issues. 😉

Community Manager

il_340x270.2269199747_7s8u.jpg

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I liked them and all the comments, the question is when we will receive them as pins.

In the old days, I have received a Beats solo headset, now I am thinking of just a pin.

D06D6AE2-5DD4-4425-BF2B-4802E9E6A9F0.jpeg

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

so do we have some idea of what it takes to get to a give rank?   I have a partner (Cadet 1st class) already asking, and I would assume a friend (Captain) might be asking next.

also curious what I would show it I didn't have one of the special ones.

Community Manager

Each rank is a formula of combining forum replies, tip & information posts, blog posts, overall community activity.   

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just missing the 11 secret herbs and spices and we have the formula for KFC fried chicken. 😉 

Community Manager

If I had to reveal all the formulas, it would let you all know how extremely incompetent I am so there is no way that's gonna happen.

About the Author
Community Management
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.